Community Drug Awareness Program
Have you experienced negative consequences due to a problem related to drugs or alcohol?
ADACCV offers an education program designed to empower participants with the skills and knowledge to avoid the consequences of drug and alcohol abuse. Participants explore the role drug and alcohol use can play in their lives and resources for reducing costs to yourself, your family, and your community.
Equip yourself with knowledge about:
• Physical, emotional and social effects of drug and alcohol abuse.
• Effects of drug and alcohol abuse on yourself and your family.
• Losses to the community due to drug and alcohol abuse.
• Resources to help you and their family.
Program Fee: $100
(Must be paid in full at time of registration)
Texas Youth Tobacco Awareness Class
This class was developed by the Texas Department of Health to help teens stop using tobacco products. When a minor is caught in possession of tobacco, the judge may order the minor to attend this class.
The program covers topics such as: why teens smoke, what's really in tobacco, legal consequences, family and friend support, short and long term health effects, addiction, and tips for successful cessation.
The class is also available to anyone in the public who would like to take the course to help them stop using tobacco. The average age of attendants is 12-17.
Workplace Assistance Program
ADACCV offers an education program designed to help employers keep valuable employees and reduce costs associated with termination, re-hiring and re-training. This program empowers employees with the skills and knowledge to avoid the consequences of drug and alcohol abuse.
Employees will also receive a comprehensive alcohol and drug assessment by a Licensed Chemical Dependence Counselor.
Equip employees with knowledge about:
- Physical, emotional, and social effects of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Effects of drug and alcohol abuse on the employee and family
- Losses to the employer due to drug and alcohol abuse
- Resources to help the employee and their family
Program Fee: $200
May be paid by the employer or employee at time of registration.